• Thursday, Sept. 25, 10 a.m. A day at Historic Yates Mill County Park offers visitors an “Escape from the Daily Grind,” with experiences that interpret and preserve our agricultural heritage, environmental resources, and history through educational programs, events and exhibits. $4 per person, plus lunch. Sign up at the front desk.
Our new program year continues on Sunday, Sept. 28, with three new offerings for our Adult Christian Formation hour:
- Annual Fund Sunday, in the Parish Hall
- Writing in Response To Scripture — A New Look at Advent, with the Writers of St. Michael’s, in the Conference Room
- Contemplative Prayer, in Beckwith Chapel
And join us later in the day for our annual Parish Picnic, 5-7 p.m., $11 per person, $5 per child, $11 family cap. Reservations required.
Children of the Day: 1 & 2 Thessolonians
“You are all children of the light and children of the day.” IThess. 5:5
- Tuesday Evenings: Sept. 23 – Nov. 18 , 7- 9 p.m.
- *Friday mornings: Sept. 26 – Nov. 21, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
The New Testament believers carried the Spirit of God as they walked the shores of Thessolonica, just as we carry that light today. In this 9 Session Bible study, you, too, will walk the shores of Thessolonica along with Beth Moore as we study 1 & 2 Thessolonians verse by verse. Children of the Day highlights the relationships shared by those who comprise the church. As you travel along in Scripture, you will gain assurance that your circumstances and conditions are not coincidental. God’s timing is impeccable! You are never without His light. . . you are exactly where Christ wants you to be.
Contact: Frances Penick firstname.lastname@example.org or #919-676-2757
*Child care available on Friday mornings. Workbook Cost: $17.
The Vestry is now seeking nominations for new members who will be elected at our Parish Annual Meeting on Sunday, Dec. 7. We have recently changed our nomination process, and you must seek permission from those you plan to nominate. Download the nomination form here, or submit names by email to email@example.com. All nominations are due by Oct. 9.